The Unit of Animal Genomics (UAG) offers diagnostic tests for:
Genetic defects in Belgian Blue Cattle - Myostatin mutations in cattle - Cholesterol deficiency in Holstein - Congenital neurodegeneration (axonopathy) in Blonde d’Aquitaine.
The UAG has developed tests for eight defects (Congenital Muscular Dystonia 1, Congenital Muscular Dystonia 2, Crooked Tail Syndrome, Dwarfism, Hamartoma, Prolonged Gestation, Arthrogryposis and SNAPC4).
- Individual test, with data sharing: 50€ vat excl.
- Individual test, without data sharing: 55€ vat excl.
- All tests, with data sharing: 100€ vat excl.
- All tests, without data sharing: 125€ vat excl.
- Possibility to choose one test, if negtive, make the 7 others: +5€ vat excl.
How to order a test?
A total of six myostatin loss-of-function mutations causing "double-muscling" have been identified in cattle (p.D273RfsX13, p.C313Y, p.Q204X, p.E226X, p.E291X, p.F140X). The first one (p.D273RfsX13) is the most common and fixed in Belgian Blue Cattle. The UAG offers diagnostic tests for all six mutations.
- All mutations: 100€ vat excl. /sample
3. A mutation in the APOB gene responsible of Cholesterol deficiency in Holstein Friesian dairy cattle
The UAG has identified the mutation responsible of cholesterol deficiency (CDH) in the APOB gene. CDH is a genetic defect that causes stillbirth and early mortality of young calves. We can now test animals for CDH with a reliability of 100%, avoiding the unnecessary culling of false positive animals.
- Individual test 50€ vat excl.
How to order:
4. Direct test for the mutation responsible of a congenital neurodegeneration (axonopathy) in Blonde d’Aquitaine breed.
- Pricing: 50€ vat excluded
How to order:
- Whole blood, in EDTA tubes (purple cap),
- Sperm straw
- Ear Punch
- NOT Hair
Send your samples and form to the following address:
Prof. Michel GEORGES
Unit of Animal Genomics
GIGA R - University of Liège
11 Avenue de l'Hôpital - B34
4000-Liège (Sart Tilman)
- Carole Charlier: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wouter Coppieters: email@example.com
- Nico Tamma: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +32.4.366.38.21